Welcome to e-Marketing Concepts!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Facebook Usernames

You can now register a username with Facebook. It more or less gives you the domain name rights to facebook.com/(username here)

A couple of problems: 1) You can't change it once you've chosen (which is stupid), 2) you can only have one, and 3) it is easily pranked

No real rush to register - most people find it kind of pointless, since the only people who would need to see your Facebook should have Facebook (and can just use the search function). It helps if you have a common name, I guess, to have a specific Facebook url (mine is REALLY uncommon so I have no issue - but I registered my name anyways)

Still, whoever went first and registered a first name only could have something fun...

1 comment:

  1. Hahah I saw that on reddit too.
    this is quite pointless, agreed..

    ReplyDelete