Welcome to e-Marketing Concepts!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Random Subtitles

Look up - see that subtitle bar? It's randomized now (sort of) between around 6 different subtitles (hit refresh a few times to see a couple). Some things are changing on the site design, so updates are listed below.

Code is here for anyone who wants it. Thanks to BlogU. I'm going to see if I can track down how they made their Blogger toolbar retractable~

*Edit: Bingo. And this site = so bookmarked.


There's also a tutorial on how to put up a graphical menu (so I can stop using the "Labels" Option to list Topics / Table of Contents, since that's really not its original purpose (though my way improves site navigation in a low-budget sort of way). I'll try to get around to it eventually, though it's probably more trouble than it's worth.

Killing off the "Links" section, because really, there isn't much of a difference between links and news sources, (other than the links being "less corporate" by my perception and being slightly more business oriented). Anyways, to make things simpler, I'm just going to call everything "Links" - this will include sites I link to for News, for Business Opinions, and for Blog Design things (like Hackosphere and BlogU, which are both in there now for Design reasons).

I'm deleting Adsense. There are some issues with it beyond the obvious "it makes no money and your toolbar blocks it." First of all, I hate how it looks. Since it's only earned me 2 cents since this blog went up, I'm not sure if it's worth keeping. Which leads me to the second point - I have no idea how they're actually going to give me the money if I ever DO hit the mythical $100 mark. They won't let me fix my account (Google's been doing that to me a lot lately) and I'm not sure if they've got either a) my current address to mail it to me, or b) a working PayPal account to send it to, and they don't seem keen on me fixing it, so I'm scrapping it altogether - it's not like this is a for-profit site anyways (if it was, it's major fail since I put too much work for too little payout).

0 comments:

Post a Comment